Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Adventure Begins...almost!


Yes, it's been a few months since I last posted. However, I felt it was my duty to begin an educational string of posts. I'm here to educate anyone who is crazy enough to drive across the country with their family by chronicling my adventure.
Yep, we are driving across country this summer...with a 3 and 6 year old! Our journey will begin at our home in Fontucky, CA. We will stop in Las Vegas (THE family destination) before heading to Richfield, UT. Why Richfield? They have a nice Holiday Inn Express there! From there we will head to Steamboat Springs, CO for a few days. Then off to Illinois with stops possibly in Kansas or Iowa or Missouri or wherever we want. In Illinois we will spending time with our friends Brian and Emily in a little town called Morris (I think named after the cat from the 1970s commercials). We will then go to Indiana for a couple weeks with possible mini-adventures to Cincinnati (for baseball games) and other tropical destinations.
On our way home we will be stopping in Kansas City (for an Angels/Royals game) and (drumroll, please) a 3 night stay in ARKANSAS! Oh, man, I can feel the excitement.
So, if you want to be entertained this summer, tune in. We will be updating frequently and showing lots of pictures. Wish us luck...we will need it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - no complaints, do ya' hear? You have AIR CONDITIONING and MOVIE SCREENS in your vehicle.

Just old mom giving you a bad time. I mean really - I'm very glad you all get to experience this even if you do get to stay in Holiday Inns with swimming pool and breakfast! LOL.

Love you guys, can't wait to read the blogs.
OR Mom (aka Nanny)

Carrie said...

I am so excited! It is yet another leg in the safari of our lives. Love you!

Alli said...

Sounds exotic and relaxing! And this post was totally worth the year and a half wait since your last post. ;)

Have a good trip Lassiter fam!

Lisa P said...

I know this is ridiculous, but I am so jealous!I love road trips, and I love that you are venturing out with your kids. Ours did relatively well two summers ago to SD and back--and we had 2, 3, and 5-year olds. I can't wait to read these!

JennCorbett said...

Good Luck!!! We just finished our big trip last month. Where are you going in Arkansas?? My whole family is there. I love that state!!!!
Jenn Corbett