Friday, July 07, 2006

"Dad's weekend, huh?" (AIP part 2)


1 can of Spagetti Oh's
1 can of peaches
1 tub of ice cream
1 Boboli Pizza crust and sauce
1 six-pack of Heineken
1 toddler with dirt on his knees, arms, and face
1 baby with canned sweet potatoes around his mouth

I don't know how the checker knew I was parenting this weekend.

Okay, so I've gotten some slack about my previous post. FYI, it was 45 minutes (not 15) that it took my son to dress himself. Plus, you need to realize that Wyatt has never been away from Carrie for more than a couple of hours. In fact, he's never had anyone but her feed him. I'm the guinea pig with the bottle this weekend.

I've learned all about multi-tasking. Cook dinner for self, feed baby his bottle, nag Wes to finish his Spagetti Oh's, clean up mess in kitchen, take out trash, keep laundry going, keep watchful eye on Angels game (GO HALOS!), answer phone when it rings, eat my own dinner, entertain baby, and use the facilities.

This whole adventure would be a lot easier if Wyatt knew how to sleep on his own! Earlier today, he was asleep in my arms. I placed him in his crib and you would have thought I had castrated him with the scream he gave. He eventually fell asleep in my arms and slept for about an hour while I watched "The Brett Hart Story" on the Documentary Channel (did you know there was a "documentary channel?").

Right now, Wyatt has been crying for close to 20 minutes. Dude! Just go to sleep! I'm thinking ahead to MY night of sleep, which I feel will be short. (BTW, went upstairs right now and rocked him till he went to sleep.) The other thing I've noticed about kids and sleep is that they can fall asleep anywhere at anytime. Today, Wyatt fell asleep in his car seat at ToysRUs while Wes was throwing a tantrum about not touching toys. I can't fall asleep on an airplane after having been up for 28 hours.

I am attempting to watch "Syriana" and "Munich" this weekend while Carrie is away so I will end my blog for today so I can get started. Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. Any suggestions? Something that a sleep deprivated father and his two boys can do.

1 comment:

Stef said...

Bill...
Sorry that you arent getting much sleep. My suggestion .... drug them the next night :) ... dont they have a cough?